Purchasing – Sydney, New South Wales
For almost 100 years, Shimano has concentrated on precision engineering, innovative merchandise and proven to be a market leader in fishing products worldwide.
Shimano Australia Fishing has a very rare opportunity for an experienced demand planner to join our inventory team in Caringbah.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for maintaining and reporting on inventory levels, provide accurate forecasts and work in cross functional teams to ensure the continued efficiency of our Australian operation.
On a day to day basis your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Reviewing historical trends, researching demand drivers including seasonal trends and evaluating forecast results to improve forecast accuracy
- Creating and maintaining all forecasts including baseline and promotional - working alongside sales and product teams to ensure promotional & events are factored
- Providing backorder reports and fill rate reports monthly
- Reporting to HO in Japan Monthly on sales , purchasing and inventory actual vs budget
- Monitoring and reporting on category performance, including ageing and stock turn rates via SKU
- Regularly update master files
- Maintain integrity of inventory data.
- Assisting with setting inventory budgets and targets
- Identify and proactively manage risks while optimizing opportunities
Ideal candidates would have 3 years plus experience within Demand or Merchandise planning roles, with a highly analytical mindset. We envisage the successful applicant will have the following;
- Tertiary qualifications one or more of the following logistics/analytics/business/economics
- Previous experience in Wholesale or Retail in an inventory or demand planner capacity.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and strong understanding of inventory systems.
- Experience with Pronto and Cognos an advantage
- Advanced Excel. (v-lookups formulas / pivot tables essential)
- Ability to analyse data and trends and to be proactive.
- Excellent communication skills and flexible attitude
- Forward thinker and problem solver
- Attention to detail is critical to your success
To be a part of this global entity and this exciting career change, send your resume including cover letter of salary expectation and availability today.
Shimano is an equal opportunity employer. For more on our company go to www.shimanofishing.com.au.